Dog Swallowed Dryer Sheet

Posted on

Dog Swallowed Dryer Sheet

If your dog or cat, especially small or young pets, ingests these sheets stomach and intestinal blockages can occur. … If your pet has ingested chemicals from a dryer sheet or swallowed the whole thing, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Dryer sheets are toxic to your pet. They contain a plethora of chemicals that are not meant as food. Such items are cationic detergents that can be hard on your pup’s gastrointestinal tract. They can cause irritation and stomach upset, sometimes accompanied by a mild to moderate case of vomiting and/or diarrhea.
My dog ate a piece of USED fabric softener sheet. How worried should I be about the chemical exposure? Googling the situation said that USED fabric softener .
In some smaller breed dogs it may have some potential to get stuck though therefore since he only ate the dryer sheet 15 minutes ago you can .
The best thing to do would be to take your dog into see a veterinarian. I also recommend taking in the box that they dryer sheet came from so that your vet can .
If it was a fresh sheet, I’d be concerned, If it were a used on, and teh pup got it out of the clean laundry, not so concerned. Either way you need to keep a close on .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *