Dog Ate Dryer Sheets

Posted on

Dog Ate Dryer Sheets

Kidney failure is also one of the problems that can occur after ingestion of dryer sheet chemicals. Most dryer sheets are made from non-woven synthetic materials that do not biodegrade easily. If your dog or cat, especially small or young pets, ingests these sheets stomach and intestinal blockages can occur.
Dryer sheets are toxic to your pet. They contain a plethora of chemicals that are not meant as food. Such items are cationic detergents that can be hard on your pup’s gastrointestinal tract. They can cause irritation and stomach upset, sometimes accompanied by a mild to moderate case of vomiting and/or diarrhea.
Dryer sheets can cause ulceration and burns to the mouth and GI tract, and Louie may need medical therapy if he starts showing any signs of vomiting, diarrhea, pawing at his mouth, drooling, or not wanting to eat. There is also the possibility that the sheets will cause an intestinal blockage.
The best thing to do would be to take your dog into see a veterinarian. I also recommend taking in the box that they dryer sheet came from so that your vet can .
In some smaller breed dogs it may have some potential to get stuck though therefore since he only ate the dryer sheet 15 minutes ago you can .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *